Warrior from the Anatolian Highlands
Name: Hurri Mitanni
Int +0, Per +1, Pre -1, Com -1, Str +2, Sta +1, Dex +4, Qik +1
Age: 31 (318) in 1230, Height: 168 cm (5’ 6"), Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs), Gender: Female
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (4)
Personality Traits: Brave +2, Quiet +2,
Virtues and Flaws:
- Affinity with Great Weapon, Great Characteristic (Dexterity), Improved Characteristics, Warrior (+50 pts), Death Prophecy, Tough, Well-traveled (living languages, Area Lores, and Bargain, Carouse, Charm, Etiquette, Folk Ken, or Guile), Faerie Blood (Satyr – +1 to Com/Pre totals dealing w/ sexually compatible characters; -1 to all aging rolls), Covenfolk
- Covenant Upbringing, Plagued by Supernatural Entity (Minions of Angra (destructive spirits)), Outsider, Tainted with Evil, Higher Purpose, Missing Ear
Bad Reputation (Level 1 to 3, depending on how easy it is to identify you from Outsider Flaw)
- Dodge: Init: +1, Attack —, Defense +4, Damage —
- Sword, Great + 2: Init: + 2 (+ 1 Q + 2 Wpn – 1 Enc + Stress Die), Attack + 17 (+ 19), Defense + 11 (+ 13), Damage + 11 (Str + Wpn Mod + Atk Adv) // (Wpn Base: + 2 Initiative, + 5 Atk (+ 7), + 2 Dfn (+ 4), + 9 Dam, + 1 Str, Load 2)
- Bow, Long: Init: -1 (Quickness + Wpn Mod – Enc + Stress Die), Attack: + 15 (Dex + Abil + Wpn Mod + Stress Die), Defense: + 8 (Quickness + Abil + Wpn Def + Stress Die), Damage: + 10 (Str + Wpn Mod + Atk Adv) // [Wpn Base: -2 Initiative, + 4 Atk, 0 Def, + 8 Dam, Range 30, Str + 2, Load 2]
- Fist: Init: + 0, Attack + 6, Defense + 3, Damage + 2
- Kick: Init: -1, Attack + 6, Defense + 2, Damage + 5
Full Mail + 2 (+ 9 (7 base) Prot; 3.5 Load, Includes Greaves); Coif/Camail=.5 Prot, +STA=1, +Tough=3
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)
Turkey Lore 2 (Zoroastrian communities), Ireland Lore 1 (History)
, Athletics 2 (acrobatics), Awareness 3 (bodyguarding), Bows 6 (long bow), Brawl 2 (Dodge), Chirurgy 2 (binding wounds), Etiquette 1 (Magi), Gaelic 3 (Irish)
, Great Weapon 7 (Sword, Great), Hunt 2 (tracking)
, Latin 2 (Military Discussions), Order of Hermes Lore 1 (Politics), Ride 2 (battle), Stealth 3 (natural areas), Survival 3 (Hills), Swim 2 (long distances)
, Craft: Swordsmith 2 (Great Swords), Turkish 5 (Hill Country Dialect), Carouse 2 (staying sober).
Load: Great Sword=2, Short Bow=1, Full Mail Hauberk=3.5, Coif/Camail=0
Burden: 3 – [STR=2]
- Encumbrance: (1) *subtracts from initiative & athletic activities, but not Attack/Def in combat
Hurri was born in an isolated Zoroastrian community in the Anatolian highlands built around a covenant of the Order of Hermes. She was born on an auspicious omen to a line of warriors believed to be descended from Alexander the Great. With her Auspicious Birth the Magoi (see The Divine book, p. 116) celebrated her birth with rituals and ceremony anointing her with sacred oil to protect her against the trials of life ahead. It seemed that something had gone wrong with the rituals and the minions of Angra (Demons) had taken an interest in her. To counter this, one of the magoi blessed her with a Death Prophecy.
As she was raised, it became apparent that her fate was a nuisance for the covenant particularly as the minions of Angra Mainyu (“Destructive Spirit”) were stronger in that area.
After she had sworn her fealty to the magoi and the magi of the covenant, she was sent off to a colleague of the magoi in Ireland. He was delighted by this gift and having recently sent his apprentice off to a new covenant he decided that this apprentice could use a bodyguard and so sent her off to join her. However, after the Inn they were staying at burned to the ground killing everyone except Hurri, the Magi of the covenant released her, afraid of attracting the attention of the Angra.
Death Prophecy: Destined to be killed by her own progeny.
Plagued by Supernatural Entity: A demon or other Dark entity (could be an actual Minion of Angra that followed her, or maybe just a 2nd cousin on its father’s side doing him a favor) trying to corrupt her rather than kill or hurt her.
Higher Purpose: To help members of the Order of Hermes to understand that the Church does not have a monopoly on Divine auras and that working with their Judaic and Muslim brethren will serve to strengthen their collective power against the Destructive Spirit by using the ethical framework of righteousness, truth, temperance, devotion , tolerance, goodness, and wisdom. If mankind personified these virtues and followed good thoughts, words, and deeds, the annihilation of the Destructive Spirit would eventually take place.
Tall, dark hair, medium complexion. Hair cut short to fit under a helmet. Deadly with a two-handed sword, but carries a short bow for cowardly foes. Usually wears a mail hauberk, partially hidden under a cloak or other travelling clothing unless she expects a fight.